Today is a good day. I found out an awesome fact!🌟 🌟 🌟 I love vinegar (that is not THE FACT), and I add it to my salads, to some of my dishes, and I love picked veggies (I even drink the juice of the jar. For me it seems totally normal, but for some reasons people usually look at me odd). So, the awesome fact is that vinegar indeed helps to lose weight (I had suspicion, since it is an acid after all) and not in some extreme and unhealthy way. The experiment was conducted to help people with diabetes (and this is a big problem in America) and see how vinegar can help them (if you are interested to read more about an experiment, you can follow to the link here). Drinking vinegar helped reduce the usual blood sugar spikes in the insulin-resistant subjects (insulin sensitivity improved by 19%). It helped the diabetics to a lesser extent. My main point is not about diabetes though, but about weight loss. The experiment didn’t help very much with diabetes, but patients dropped pounds of weight. Maybe it is not as good to fight diabetes, but certainly good for your waist line. Funny that this fact is not publicly known. Maybe because, as with many other “cheap-natural-products”, vinegar costs less than 20$, while medications, while other programs and medications cost 10-20 times more. Way to make people pay somebody else’s houses on Hawaii. Whatever it is, having a spoon of 5% vinegar before meal (especially high-carbs meal!) is a worthy shot, in my opinion. I will do it and even will bring a bottle of vinegar to work! Hopefully, in a month or two, I will be able to give you my “report” on that matter.
Now, since we are on topic of vinegar, let’s talk about more benefits!
1. Vinegar is a source of dietary polyphenols, which are antioxidants and defend against oxidative stress. Apple cider vinegar induced a protective effect against erythrocyte, kidney, and liver oxidative injury, and lowered the serum lipid levels (at least in mice)
2. A case-control study demonstrated that vinegar ingestion was associated with a decreased risk for esophageal cancer. Because acetic acid in vinegar forms acetate ions in the stomach, it may possess antitumor effects.
3. According to a study, consumption of oil and vinegar salad dressings (five to six times or more per week) significantly lowered the risk for fatal ischemic heart disease in women participants (men, I am pretty sure it would help you too!)
4. Apple cider vinegar also helps break up mucus by its natural antihistamine effect, so… it can help with stuffy nose and allergies!
5. Kidney stones form when a person’s urine becomes too acidic and concentrated, forming crystals from the uric acid or oxalates. Vinegar works by alkalizing the urine, thus preventing the formation of kidney stones. Vinegar may even help to break down the ones that are already formed.
6. Apple cider vinegar can help with upset stomach or diarrhea
7. Take a teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar; its sour taste could stop a hiccup in its tracks 😀
8. As soon as you feel the prickle of a sore throat, employ germ-busting apple cider vinegar to help head off the infection at the pass. Turns out, most germs can’t survive in the acidic environment vinegar creates. Just mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup warm water and gargle every hour or so.
9. Also it helps with dandruff, acne, nighttime leg cramps and bad breath.
Of course, nothing is perfect in our world. Some people might have stomach problems, which are incompatible with vinegar. In this case you need to talk to your doctor. Also, DO NOT forget, that you can’t consume vinegar acid (or 90%+ vinegar), because as a real acid, it will burn you from inside and it can be even fatal. Some injuries taken from vinegar acid are permanent, so never-ever try to put it in your mouth. Also, according to one case-control study in Serbia, vinegar ingestion was associated with a 4.4-fold greater risk for bladder cancer, so I am not saying that vinegar it is a magical elixir, but it has very strong benefits against low risks.
Conclusion: YES! SO next time when you sip light vinegar and your face will crinkle, these facts from above will help to bring your smile back to your face 😉